Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1

        July 1, 2008 –

 

 I have fallen waaaay behind on my blog, but only because things are happening at a rapid rate and blogging has taken a back seat to everything else. Waking Up Men's second printing is taking place right now and book will be shipped to me this week. The timing is perfect as I sold my very last available copy of Waking Up Men at a house book party at the home of Jerry and Mary Anne Hogan this week!

          Mary Anne had invited many of her good friends to the party, which was a great success and great fun!  Mary Anne had set a table that should have been photographed for Better Homes and Gardens magazine She even served pink lemonade in stemmed crystal glasses with rims encrusted with pink-sugar! I remain impressed!

            There have been other parties and speaking engagements too, keeping me nicely occupied while beginning a whole new level of book selling experience ever since I reconnected with Cynthia Stillwell, former Savannah Dynamo now living in New York City (and still a dynamo).

Good Savannah friend Gordon Varnedoe (aka: Batman, aka: General Oglethorpe) had me get in touch with Cynthia before my NYC book launching party and I'm so glad he did! Cynthia came to the party and bought a copy of Then They All Got Naked. We later met for lunch while I was still in Manhattan and, at her request, I passed along a copy of my two earlier books.

Cynthia liked them all. And the long and short of this serendipitous reconnection is that Cynthia – who wheels and deals and the very highest levels – has become my manager!

 So continue to watch this space folks, because we're all about to take a very exciting rocket-ship ride to new and far-reaching places!

 Ready … Set …. Go!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


No comments: