Friday, October 17, 2008

October 17, 2008

October 17, 2008

 

 The address to my blog site got LOST during my move these past few weeks, but my wonderful son, Forrest, just sent it to me again, so here's a quick update!

 

The house move is behind me and could not have been accomplished without the help of Jimmy Hogan and his grandson, and also Ian and Jordan, Clay and Susanne. It was a lot of work getting it done in a day, but it got done thanks to the above named, and I am lov'n it here! The fur people love it, too. In fact, Sailor finally figured out he's a Labrador and won't come out of the lake! (swamp).

 

It took a week to get back on line and then I had a computer glitch that knocked me back off line for another few days, but – fingers crossed – I'm up and working on line again at long last.

 

In addition to moving house, my brother, Robert, from Lacey, Washington, and his daughter, my niece, Delinda, showed up at the same time from her home in Pennsylvania. And a good time was had by all!

 

Work wise, since the last blog entry, I have appeared on WJCL-TV and Fox News, meeting co-anchor of the coastal source morning news shows, Jessica Kiss, for the first time. What a treat she was to get to know - and revisiting Lynde there was very good, too. http://www.thecoastalsource.com/news/local/30739079.html

Skirt Magazine in Savannah featured me in their October edition – savannah.skirt.com – and that was fun, too! Terrific picture by Jade McCully made me laugh.

Spoke to the delightful folks at the Lions' Club on Sept. 11, the laugh-out-loud seniors of  First Baptist Church in Savannah, and had a book signing on Oct. 11 at E. Shaver's Booksellers in downtown Savannah.

A signing scheduled for Oct. 12 at Seaside Sisters on Highway 80 on Tybee got cancelled due to bad weather. It's set to go again this coming Sunday, Oct. 19, from 1-4 – so please drop by if you're on the island.

My agent, Cynthia, has been in Savannah from NYC a couple of times in recent weeks so we could rehash old business and plan new ventures.

And that, plus many book sales, plus company, plus moving to the country, has kept me busy since we last met here.

 More soonest!

 And enjoy the High Holy Day (Halloween) now almost upon us! J


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: