Thursday, November 20, 2008

November 20, 2008

November 20, 2008

 

The book business, like the rest of the economy, is on slow at the moment, although I did have signings at The Book gift shop in Savannah last weekend and have another one coming up there the afternoon of November 28th.

And my Atlanta daughter, Oria, is hosting a book party for me there on December 7th which I know will be fun and, hopefully, profitable.

Then, on December 12th, I'm speaking to the Forever Young Group of St. Peter's Catholic Church on Wilmington Island.

And every day right now I get up expecting to hear about a major book deal that is still pending (and pending, and pending) which, if it happens, will make my holidays merry and bright indeed.

Meanwhile, I'm handing out copies of my resume' like gumdrops to various newspapers and magazines, trying to pick up some part time employment to supplement my book sales income. So if you know of anything going for someone with my varied talents (writing, cooking, gardening, dispatching, public speaking, etc.) – let me hear from you!

Happy Thanksgiving Day Week everyone! I hope your Turkey Day is filled with friends, family, and feasting, as mine promises to be – reminding us all how very much we have to be thankful for as we launch into the Holiday Season.

 


No comments: