Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April 16, 2008

Sanders!
She is one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world and her name is Carol Sanders, not "Saunders" as I typed in the recent blog entry saying she will be hosting a book party for me on April 22 at her beautiful home at The Landings.
I hope this isn't early onset Mad Cow Disease revealing itself, but how else to explain such a mistake? If you continue reading in the blog past that mistake however, on down to where I printed her wonderful review of my new book, you'll see that I got her name right in that entry – proving that I do indeed know the names of my friends, at least most of the time.
Speaking of which, I've had two wonderful emails this week from friends here in Savannah and in Colorado who, like me, are blog-challenged. They each had glowing things to say about my book and I am typing their comments here, as they couldn't figure out how to put them on the blog themselves. Their comments follow:
"Nice try, Chickie, being demure in the intro to Then They All Got Naked, saying you might not be the right writer to tackle the swinging lifestyle. Your keen, kittenish playfulness, your journalistic wit and wisdom, your open-spirited waltz through the next adventuresome door your life opens for you … make you the ideal writer. I laughed, giggled, blushed, got outraged, got horny, and absolutely loved the read. Let me know when your next chapter begins. Love, Rosebud," Savannah, GA.
And from Colorado:
"I am thoroughly enjoying your book. It's your best one yet! It's informative and extremely interesting. It definitely has a very nice emotional element to all of your stories! I'm actually halfway through it now … the underlying commentary on human social and psychological behavior is really what I'm learning about 'between the lines.' WOW. What a book! …. This is a very powerful book, and it should be in every bookstore in the country! … See you in late May. Love and kisses to you and your big beautiful family. D.H.C."
My "old book" continues to have its many fans, too, and I'll be talking about it and the river environment at a rescheduled meeting on May 19 for the Life Long Learners of AASU. The announcement sent to their membership reads:
"Ever wonder how and who is responsible for ensuring all those ships that enter and leave the Port of Savannah accomplish it in a safe and efficient manner? Come, meet and hear about the folks of 'Rivertown,' those people who pilot the ships, operate the tugboats, schedule arrivals and departures, and on and on. A truly fascinating and largely unheralded group of peopled that labor day and night in all kinds of weather to ensure world commerce does not hit a snag in OUR RIVER AND PORT! O.Kay Jackson who worked the river for many years and authored the book "Waking Up Men" will present the story in this special Potpourri Lecture. Don't miss it! Regards, Don Gardner."

No comments: